In this article, we will look into top 250+ Microsoft Azure Interview Questions and Answers which can be asked in 2021. As you might be aware that more and more Organizations are now switching their Infrastructure from On-premise to Cloud Environment so it is very important to understand all the Cloud Technologies currently in use. Microsoft Azure is one of the leading Cloud Technology used by many Multimedia Companies. Hence we will look into all Microsoft Azure Interview questions that can be asked in an Interview.
Microsoft Azure Interview Questions and Answers in 2021
1. How Azure notifies about the problem in Resource Configuration ?
Ans. Using Azure Advisor
2. How to Access Azure Service Health from Dashboard ?
Ans. Go To All Services->All->Service Health
3. Which tool can be used to monitor the cost and performance of Resources ?
Ans. Azure Monitor
4. Which tool can be used to monitor the Azure itself ?
Ans. Azure Service Health
5. What is ARM ?
Ans. Everything we do on Azure Portal calls ARM at the back end.
6. What is the difference between Powershell Az and AzureRm module ?
7. What is Azure Container Instance(ACI) ?
Ans. It is a service in Azure which allows us to deploy containers in Cloud Environment without having any overhead of managing the resources.
8. What is Azure Compute Unit(ACU) ?
Ans. It is a relative measure of compute power among Azure's Virtual Machines. It provides a way of comparing CPU Performance across Azure SKUs.
9. What is the difference between Scale out and Scale up App Service Plan ?
Ans. Scale out basically means to increase the resources Capacity by increasing the number of Instances whereas Scale up means to increase the resources(for ex: CPU and memory) capacity of an Instance.
10. What are the benefits of Using Resource Group in Microsoft Azure ?
Ans. Below are the different benefits of using Resource Group in Microsoft Azure :-
- It helps to manage resources.
- It provides a way to control the costs.
- Tagging Resource Groups improves the Billing Experience.
- It makes large Azure Redeployment easy using Arm Templates.
- Easy to add or remove a resource in Resource Group.
- Allows us to grant or remove user access at group Level.
11. What are the different benefits of using Subscriptions in Microsoft Azure ?
Ans. Below are the different benefits of using subscriptions in Azure:-
- Each Subscription has a unique subscription ID which provides a way to uniquely identify a subscription.
- Multiple types of Subscription Available depends on your usage.
- Subscription cancellation can be done.
- Anyone can sign up for Free Trial of Microsoft Azure for 30 days.
12. What are the different benefits of using Azure Resource Manager ?
Ans. Below are the different benefits of using Azure Resource Manager:-
- Easy to deploy, manage and monitor all the resources using a Resource Manager.
- Easy to manage access control for all the resources using Resource Manager.
- Location of resources is Independent of the location of its Resource Manager.
13. What are the different benefits of using Azure Management Groups ?
Ans. Below are the different benefits of using Azure Management Groups:-
- Easy to Manage all the Subscriptions using Azure Management Groups.
- Conditions can be easily applied to all the Subscriptions in a Management Group.
- As many as 10,000 Management Groups can be supported in a Single Directory.
14. Is Cosmos DB SQL or NoSQL Database ?
Ans. NoSQL Database
15. Which API can be used to migrate Data from Gremlin DB to Cosmos DB ?
Ans. Gremlin API
16. Is Gremlin a Graph Database or Column Database ?
Ans. Graph Database
17. Which API can be used to migrate Data from Cassandra DB to Cosmos DB ?
Ans. Cassandra API
18. Is Cassandra DB a column database or document database ?
Ans. Column Database
19. Which API can be used to migrate data from Mongo DB to Cosmos DB ?
Ans. Mongo DB API
20. Is Mongo DB a column database or a document database ?
Ans. Document Database
21. Which API can be used to migrate data from Azure Table Storage to Cosmos DB ?
Ans. Azure Table API
22. Is Azure Table a document database or Key-value based database ?
Ans. Key-Value Database
23. What is Turnkey Distribution feature in Cosmos DB ?
Ans. Turnkey Distribution feature can be used to horizontally scale the Cosmos DB.
24. What is the difference between Managed and Unmanaged Azure Storage Disks ?
Ans. In case of Managed Storage Disks, Microsoft will take care of backend storage and its I/O Stats whereas in case of Unmanaged Storage Disks, end Customer has to manage its storage.
25. How many instances of a resource type can be deployed in each Resource Group ?
Ans. 800 Instances. More on Microsoft Azure Official Page.