In this article, we will see how to solve xbox error code 0x87e11838 using 5 effective ways. Xbox error code 0x87e11838 is a common issue that can prevent users from accessing certain features or playing games on their Xbox console. The error code arises when users try to launch a game on their console, and it likely means that you are facing a licensing issue or a network issue. We will see all the different fixes that can be applied based on problem you are facing. So without further delay, let's begin !!
Solved "xbox error code 0x87e11838" [5 Effective Ways to Fix]
In order to solve the problem, we have compiled a list of five different fixes which you can use to resolve the error code. Here are five ways to solve the Xbox error code 0x87e11838.
Fix 1: Check your Internet Connection
One of the most common causes of the Xbox error code 0x87e11838 is a poor internet connection. To fix this issue, you should check to ensure your internet connection is working well. In order to do this, a simple test is to launch the YouTube app and watch a video. If the video plays without buffering, your connection is good enough.
You can also take additional steps to ensure that your Xbox's connection is good enough. These steps will allow you to check your connection's status through the Xbox settings. In order to do this, follow these steps:-
a) Click on the "General" tab in the "Settings" menu and select "Network settings".
b) Here, you'll be able to see different tests which you can run to test your connection. In this case, click on "Test network connection".
c) This will perform a test of your network connection and display the results on the screen. The test will check your internet connection, local network connection, and Xbox Live services.
Fix 2: Restart your Console and Router
If your internet connection is working fine but you are still experiencing Xbox error code 0x87e11838, you should try restarting your console and router. This resets the network and fixes minor issues in your network or system that may be causing the error. To restart your console, follow these steps:-
- Press and hold down the power button for 10 seconds until it shuts off
- Next, remove the power cable from behind your Xbox.
- Wait a few minutes, then plug the power cable back in and turn your Xbox on.
The other step that you can make use of is to restart your router. Although there are numerous routers available, the basic steps for restarting almost any router are:-
- Unplug it from the power outlet
- Plug the cable back in after waiting for a minute
This should reset your network and will ensure that your connection is better. Moreover, if you are connected to your router wirelessly, we recommend switching to a LAN cable. A wired Ethernet connection using a LAN cable can be better for gaming than a wireless connection for several reasons:-
- Speed: A wired Ethernet connection is generally faster than a wireless connection, which can be important for online gaming, where fast and reliable Internet speeds are necessary for a smooth gaming experience.
- Reliability: A wired connection is generally more reliable than a wireless connection because it is not subject to interference from other devices or obstacles, such as walls. This can be important for online gaming, where a dropped connection can result in a lost game.
- Latency: A wired connection generally has lower latency than a wireless connection, which means there is less of a delay between when you send a request and when you receive a response. This can be important for specific online games where quick reactions are necessary.
- Security: A wired Ethernet connection is generally more secure than a wireless connection because it is harder for hackers to access the data being transmitted over a physical cable than a wireless connection.
Overall, a wired Ethernet connection using a LAN cable can provide a faster, more reliable, and more secure connection than a wireless connection, which can be important for online gaming.
Fix 3: Check for System Updates
The other issue that could be causing the Xbox error code 0x87e11838 is that your console is not up to date. To fix this, you should check for any available system updates and install them. To check for updates on your Xbox, go to the "System" tab in the "Settings" menu and select "Console info".
Here, you'll be able to see if any updates are available and install them if necessary.
Fix 4: Check the Xbox Server Status
The Xbox Live Service Status page will show you the status of all Xbox Live services. These services include features like online multiplayer, game downloads, and access to the Xbox Store. The status of each service is represented by a colour code, which are:-
- Green: The service is fully operational.
- Yellow: The service is experiencing some issues but is still functional.
- Red: The service is unavailable or experiencing significant issues.
In addition to the colour code, the Service Status page may also include information about any known issues or outages that are affecting the service. This information can consist of the cause of the issue, the expected duration of the problem, and any steps that Xbox is taking to resolve the issue.
To check the status of Xbox Live servers, you should visit the Xbox Live Service Status page on the Microsoft website. On this page, you will see the status of all Xbox Live services. You can also see any known issues or outages that are affecting the service. If you are experiencing problems with a specific game or app, you can also check the status of that specific game or app by clicking on the "View details button next to the service. If the services are down, chances are that is the reason why you are facing this error.
Fix 5: Delete locally Saved data
Another issue that can cause the Xbox error to arise is your locally saved game data. This includes your game's process and other settings which you have set within the game. This method should only be used in cases where no other methods have worked, as it will delete all of your saved data, and you will not have the option to recover your saved data either.
If you want to delete locally saved data on your Xbox console, there are a few different options available to you depending on the type of data you want to delete. The steps that you can take to delete different types of locally saved data on your Xbox are:-
- Go to the Home screen.
- Select "My games & apps".
- Find the game that you want to delete data for and select it.
- Select "Manage game".
- Under "Saved Data" select "Delete all".
- Confirm that you want to delete the data.
In summary, there are several ways to solve the Xbox error code 0x87e11838, including checking your internet connection, restarting your console and router, checking for system and game updates, and checking for hardware issues. These steps will allow you to fix the Xbox error, and you can get back to enjoying your games. In case, these methods do not resolve your method, your best option is to contact Microsoft support and allow them to troubleshoot.