Table of Contents
In this article, we will look into Top 71 Mulesoft Interview Questions and Answers. When we talk about API Development and Integration, Mulesoft becomes the obvious choice. CyberITHub offers you Top 71 Mulesoft Interview Questions and Answers that are frequently asked in 2021. Using below question sets, you can crack any mulesoft related Interviews. More on Mulesoft docs.
Top 71 Mulesoft Interview Questions and Answers
1. What is Mulesoft ?
Ans. Mulesoft is basically a unified data Integration platform that allows businesses to connect applications, data and devices across multiple platforms.
2. In which framework mulesoft is build upon ?
Ans. Spring Framework
3. Which filter ensures that a message is passed only if its payload is of the required type ?
4. What is the main purpose of using filtering ?
Ans. It is typically used for Policy Enforcement.
5. Does payload itself can also be used to route a message ?
6. What is Inbound endpoint ?
Ans. A source of data for a flow is called an inbound endpoint.
7. What is outbound endpoint ?
Ans. A sink, or destination for data is called an outbound endpoint.
8. Which filter ensures that a flow only processes a message once ?
9. By default, Which attributes is being used by idempotent-message-filter to determine the delivery of messages ?
Ans. message ID
10. What is the use of Transport ?
Ans. Transport are used to get data into and out of flows.
11. What is the main difference between transport and cloud connectors ?
Ans. Transports provide protocol support while cloud connectors facilitate interaction with an API.
12. Which attribute will be used to uniquely identify the connector in endpoints ?
Ans. name attribute
13. List few of the Mule built in transports.
Ans. Below are few of the built in transports:-
- File Transport
- Http Transport
- JMS Transport
- Email Transport
- FTP Transport
- JDBC Transport
- VM Transport
14. What is the default action taken when messages are blocked by a filter ?
Ans. By default, no action is taken and the message will be dropped.
15. Which attribute of the messageFilter will route the blocked message to the supplied address ?
Ans. onAccepted attribute
16. How to block all incoming bad requests from hitting your Mule application ?
Ans. By using API Manager
17. What are different types of Load Balancer CloudHub provides ?
Ans. CloudHub provides two types of Load Balancer:-
- Shared Load Balancer
- Dedicated Load Balancer
18. How many types of variables are there in Mulesoft ?
Ans. There are three types of variables in Mulesoft:-
- Flow Variables
- Session Variables
- Record Variables
19. What is Mule ESB ?
Ans. Mule ESB is a lightweight Java-based Enterprise Service Bus which allows developers to integrate multiple applications using web services layer.
20. What are different set of constraints defined by a type System ?
Ans. A type system defines below set of constraints:-
- Function Parameters
21. What are different types supported by the DataWeave Type System ?
Ans. There are different type of categories supported by the DataWeave Type System:-
- Simple Types
- Composite Types
- Complex Types
22. Does Dataweave 2.0 supports a type System ?
23. How to Start Mule from Command Line in Windows ?
24. How to Start Mule from Command Line in Linux/Unix ?
25. How to Stop Mule from Command Line in Windows ?
Ans. $MULE_HOME\bin\mule.bat stop
26. How to Stop Mule from Command Line in Linux/Unix ?
Ans. $MULE_HOME/bin/mule stop
27. What are few different types of ESBs available in the Market ?
Ans. Below are few of the different types of ESBs available in the market:-
- Red Hat JBOSS Fuse
- Mule ESB
- IBM Websphere ESB
- Oracle ESB
- Microsoft BizTalk
28. What are different types of Flow Processing Strategies in Mulesoft ?
Ans. Below are the different types of Flow Processing Strategies in Mulesoft:-
- Custom Flow Processing
- Queued Flow Processing
- Asynchronous Flow Processing
- Synchronous Flow Processing
- Non-Blocking Flow Processing
- Queued-Asynchronous Flow Processing
- Thread Per Processor Processing
- Queued Thread Per Processor Processing
29. How many types of Keystores does Mule supports ?
Ans. There are three different types of keystores mule supports:-
30. How does Mule applications connect to Persistent Gateway ?
Ans. Mule applications use the Object Store v2 REST API via the Object Store Connector to connect to Persistence Gateway.
31. Which of the two standard configuration builders mule provides ?
Ans. Below are the two standard configuration builders mule provides:-
32. What is the main advantage of Mule Management Console(MMC) ?
Ans. Mule Management Console (MMC) centralizes management and monitoring functions for all your on-premise Mule ESB Enterprise deployments, whether they are running as standalone instances, as a cluster, or embedded in application servers.
33. How can you create your own custom Configuration Builder ?
Ans. By implementing ConfigurationBuilder Interface
34. What is Mule Transformer ?
Ans. Mule Transformer is the one which prepares a message to be processed through a Mule flow by enhancing or altering the message header or payload.
35. What is Transport Service Descriptor in Mule ?
Ans. A service descriptor is a file containing properties that describes how the internals of a transport is configured, such as which dispatcher factory to use or which endpoint builder to use.
36. Which property needs to be set in wrapper.conf file to enable Gatekeeper ?
Ans. anypoint.platform.gatekeeper needs to be set to true to enable Gatekeeper.
37. What is API notebook in Mulesoft ?
38. What are API Alerts in Mulesoft ?
Ans. An API alert is an alarm that flags one of the following problems:-
- The API request violates a policy.
- Requests received by the API exceed a given number within a period of time.
- The API returns a specified HTTP error code.
- The API response time exceeds a certain amount.
39. What is the main difference between Runtime Manager Alerts and API Alerts ?
Ans. Runtime Manager Alerts are generally used to flag CPU usage, Secure Data Gateway up/down, deployment success/failure etc whereas API Alerts are only used for API request or response.
40. Which of the roles are required to be able to Add API Manager alerts ?
Ans. To add API Manager alerts, you should belong to one of the following Roles:-
- API Versions Owner
- API Creators
- Organization Administrators
41. What are different types of Analytics available in API Manager ?
Ans. Below are different types of Analytics available in API Manager:-
- API viewing analytics
- API events analytics
- Charted metrics in API Manager
- Consumer analytics
42. How much usage limit does Analytics Event API enforces ?
Ans. 10 requests/min, with a maximum of 20,000 events per request
43. Does Custom Connectors supported in API Gateway Runtime ?
44. Does Batch Processing supported in API Gateway Runtime ?
45. Which path does automatically generated proxies uses ?
46. What are the advantages of using connectors in a Mule App ?
Ans. Below are the advantages of using connectors in a mule app:-
- Reduces code complexity, because you can connect a Mule app to a target system without knowing all of the details required to program to the target system.
- Simplifies authenticating against the target system.
- Proactively infers metadata for the target system, which makes it easier to identify and transform data with DataWeave.
- Makes code maintenance easier.
47. What are different kinds of support Anypoint Connector currently provides ?
Ans. Currently it provides three kinds of support:-
- Select Connectors
- Premium Connectors
- Mulesoft Certified Connectors
48. Which of the Authentication Schemes are used by Connectors to connect external APIs ?
Ans. It can use any of the following authentication schemes:-
- Basic(username and password) Scheme
- OAuth Scheme
- Oauth2 Scheme
49. What are Connector Operations ?
Ans. Connector operations are calls to external APIs or other connectivity-related actions that a connector can perform.
50. What is the use of Anypoint Visualizer ?
Ans. Anypoint Visualizer provides a real-time, graphical representation of the APIs, and Mule applications that are running and discoverable.
51. What is the use of Anypoint Partner Manager ?
Ans. Anypoint Partner Manager enables you to perform bidirectional Business-to-Business (B2B) message exchanges using APIs and Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) formats, and to conduct business transactions such as buying and selling products with your partners.
52. Does Mule Message is Immutable ?
53. What is RAML ?
Ans. RAML or RESTful API Modeling language is a YAML based language for describing RESTful APIs. It is used to develop APIs using easy to use syntax.
54. What is MUnit ?
Ans. MUnit is a Mule application testing framework that allows you to easily build automated tests for your integrations and APIs.
55. Which MUnit configuration element identifies a Mule configuration file as an MUnit suite file ?
56. Which attribute can be used to ignore a whole MUnit suite from running ?
Ans. ignore attribute
57. What are the three different scopes in a MUnit Test ?
Ans. The three different scopes in a MUnit test are:-
58. Which custom attribute can be used to define a maximum amount of time a test can run before it fails ?
Ans. timeOut attribute
59. What are different combination of components an MUnit Test Suite can contain ?
Ans. An MUnit suite can contain any combination of below components:-
- Before/After Suites
- Before/After Tests
- MUnit tests
60. What is being Cache Scope used for ?
Ans. It is used for reducing the processing load on the Mule instance and for increasing the speed of message processing within a flow.
61. Which Key generator is being used by Mule to generate a unique key for the message payload ?
62. What are the different ways through which you can create or update variables in Mule Apps ?
Ans. Below are the different ways which can be used to create or update variables in Mule Apps:-
- Using the Set Variable component.
- Using a Target Variable from within an operation, such as the Read operation to the File connector or the Store operation to the Database connector.
- Using the DataWeave Transform Component (EE-Only)
- Using Scripting Component (in scripting module)
63. What are different types of Components in Mule ?
Ans. There are basically two types of Components in Mule:-
- Core components
- Components that belong to connectors and modules.
64. What are different programming languages supported by the Mulesoft ?
65. What are different parameter requires to configure a Scheduler ?
Ans. Below parameters are required to configure a Scheduler:-
- Start Delay
- Time Unit
66. Which API can be used for Continuous deployment of Mulesoft Applications ?
Ans. Runtime Manager REST API
67. What is a Scatter-Gather router in Mule ?
Ans. It is basically a routing event processor that processes a Mule event through different parallel processing routes that contain different event processors.
68. Does Scatter-Gather router processes nonrepeatable streams ?
69. Which component lets you update the payload of the message ?
70. Which component is used for creating or updating a variable to store values for use within the flow of a Mule app ?
71. How to Access a variable using DataWeave ?